I thought I'd share a little about my experience in the Colvin family. I was originally given to Ainsley's mom by Ainsley's dad while they were dating. I was part of a Valentine's day present - I was wearing an amethyst necklace and a pair of amethyst earrings. Thankfully Ainsley's mom kept me and several years later, I became Ainsley's faithful friend. I am truly part of the family.
I am in family pictures.
I attend family birthday parties.
I go on family trips. I've been to Bentonville, Memphis, Hot Springs, Little Rock, Dubach, La., and many other places.
Ainsley plays with me every day and sleeps with me every night. She carries me under her right arm, with her arm under my neck. I even helped potty train Ainsley by demonstrating how to sit on the potty.
We have had a busy couple of weeks lately. On the Friday before last, I went with Ainsley and her mom to meet G.G. and get some VBS supplies rounded up. We went to lunch at Elm Street Bakery and then came home. After Ainsley had been napping for about an hour, she woke up crying. I knew something was wrong; she is usually a good sleeper. Her mom got her up and realized that she had fever. Then the vomiting started. I comforted Ainsley throughout the day as best I could, helping her take her medicine and encouraging her to drink, which was something she did not want to do. Ainsley's mom tried very hard not to get me dirty. One time while Ainsley was getting sick, she literally threw me across the room and turned so that she would get dirty instead of me. Whew, I was relieved. However, late that night, Ainsley got sick so fast that her mom couldn't save me. I was thrown in a pillow case and given a bath in the washing machine.
Ainsley got better over the weekend, and VBS started on Monday. I was going to wait in the van while she was at VBS, but she was so upset when she got inside (new people, lots of crying babies) that I had to come inside with her. I went with her every day that week. We sang songs, painted pictures, had snacks, read books, played outside . . . it was fun.
That weekend Ainsley's family went to Hot Springs. Ainsley and I slept on a fold-out couch with a terribly uncomfortable mattress (we're almost too big for the pack and play). While we were at the lake house on Saturday, Ainsley and her parents went on a boat ride. I stayed behind with Will, G.G. and the rest of the adults. Suddenly, Will picked me up, ran across the deck and threw me over the railing into the lake! You have never seen old people move so fast!! (Ainsley's aunt's words, not mine). Aunt Susan shoved her grandbaby into someone else's arms and ran to get a broom to try to keep me from floating under the deck. Someone else grabbed a fishing pole and tried to fish me out. I am not a very good swimmer, but I tried not to panic. I floated away from the deck and Uncle Phillip ran down to the sidewalk and grabbed me out of the water. Will started saying that he didn't want his parents to come back from their boat outing because he knew he'd be in trouble! Cousin Clayton was worried about me being wet, so he put me in the dryer. He checked on me often until I was dry enough to play with Ainsley again, which was very nice of him. Swimming in Lake Hamilton was not an experience I'd like to repeat!!
Yesterday I went with Ainsley to get shots, one in each arm. She cried and I tried to comfort her by telling her to be brave. Thankfully, she didn't cry long!
Ainsley is a good girl/owner and we have lots of fun together. Since Ainsley's mom saw Toy Story 3, she says I will never be thrown or given away. I'll be saved for Ainsley's children (if I survive!). Now, I'm going to take a nap!
Best. Story. EVER. <3
ReplyDeleteso cute! Mallory has "pinkie" and she is 8 years old!!! Still sleeps with him every night. He doesn't look very good and has endured several trips and experiences like Brownie Bear, so know it is possible!
ReplyDelete