Saturday, June 5, 2010

Jo Ellen's Birthday

My 34th birthday was on Monday, May 3rd (yes, I realize that was a month ago). On the night of my actual birthday, I had my last Service League Executive Board meeting, so we celebrated on Sunday night. My mom made chicken spaghetti (one of my favorites), salad, bread, and had a local bakery make a delicious peanut butter and chocolate cake (another favorite).


I got to eat off of the red "You are special today" plate, which has been a tradition in our family for years. Mitch's parents came over, the kids played and then we ate the delicious meal and cake. We always have to wear party hats and blow horns, which the kids get a kick out of! Mitch's parents gave me some "tanning towels" self tanner and nail polish, my mom gave me a tulip (my favorite flower) bead for my Pandora bracelet, and Mitch and the kids gave me two birthstone beads - one with Will's birthstone color and one with Ainsley's - also for my Pandora bracelet.


Instead of putting a ton of candles on the cake, we sometimes put "decade" candles instead. Since I am in my 3rd decade, I got 3 candles. That's much better than 34! That cake was so good I could've eaten the whole thing! Ainsley (of course) liked it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment